Express entry is a new system implemented by the IRCC that is used to select Skilled Immigrants as permanent residents based on their ability to settle in Canada and take part in the economy.
Express Entry is used to manage applications for permanent residence under the following federal economic immigration programs:
- Federal Skilled Worker Program,
- Federal Skilled Trades Program, and
- Canadian Experience Class.
- This is a fast process and it ensures the Permanent residency in 6 months once you get invited.
- Express Entry ensures that candidates who are most likely to succeed economically – not simply those first in line – are able to immigrate to Canada.
- Fill out your Express Entry profile- Complete all the desired information
- Be accepted into the Express Entry pool
- Get an invitation to apply
- Apply for permanent residence online
A few things to keep in mindTo complete an Express Entry profile, you must submit valid language test results and Educational Credential Assessments (if your education was completed outside of Canada and you want to receive Comprehensive Ranking System points towards and/or to qualify for the Federal Skilled Worker Program). Express Entry profiles are valid for one year. If you still want to come to Canada as a skilled immigrant and are not invited to apply for permanent residence after 12 months, you can re-submit your profile and re-enter the pool (as long as you still meet the criteria).
You may qualify for a provincial or territorial nomination as part of Express Entry.
Provinces and territories are able to nominate candidates who meet their regional labour market needs. Some provinces and territories search in the pool for candidates, while others require you to apply directly. Check their immigration website for your intended province of destination for more information on their requirements and to learn how to be considered for a nomination.
If you are nominated through a Provincial Nominee Program, you will be invited to apply for Permanent Residency
You need to do following things in order to come to Canada as a skilled foreign worker:
- Take a language test in English and/or French.
- If you were educated outside of Canada, you may also need to have your education assessed against Canadian standards.
- Create an online Express Entry profile and tell about your skills, work experience, language ability, education and other details.
- If you meet the criteria of one of the federal economic immigration programs under Express Entry, you will be placed in a pool of pre-screened candidates.
If you have a valid job offer, you can get additional points.
If you are in the Express Entry pool, you can start your job search by creating a Job Match account with Job Bank. If you don’t have a job when you come to Canada, you can continue using Job Bank to find a job.
A Job Match account with Job Bank is an easy, online tool to help match you with employers looking for workers with your skills.
Express Entry pool
You will be given a score to determine your place in the Express Entry pool using a Comprehensive Ranking System. This system includes factors known to contribute to economic success (such as language, education, and work experience).
There are regular rounds of invitations to apply for permanent residence sent to candidates in the Express Entry pool. Candidates with the highest scores will be invited to apply.
Your profile in the Express Entry pool will be valid for 12 months. During that time, you will need to update your profile if anything changes, such as your level of education or language test results.
Filling out an online Express Entry profile is not a guarantee that you will qualify for permanent residence. If you are invited to apply for permanent residence, the details in your Express Entry profile will be verified at that time.
Selected candidates are invited to apply for permanent residence online
You will be invited to apply for permanent residence if you:
- have been nominated by a province or territory or
- are among the top-ranked in the pool based on your skills and experience
The majority of complete permanent residence applications will be processed within six months or less.
If you are in the Express Entry pool and are not invited to apply for permanent residence after 12 months, you can re-submit your profile and re-enter the pool if you still meet the criteria.
Get started today by completing our Free Assessment. For immediate information, please reach out to our dedicated team by phone or email and we would be happy to assist you