Work Permit

Most people need a work permit to work in Canada.

  1. Graduate Work Permit
    After successful completion of college education from designated college or institute applicant is eligible to get minimum of one year of work permit or a maximum of 3 years.
  2. Employer-specific work permits: An employer-specific work permit allows you to work according to the conditions on your work permit, which include:
    • the name of the employer you can work for,
    • how long you can work, and
    • the location where you can work (if applicable)
  • Bridging Work Permit
    if the applicant already got approved by Province Nomination or already applied for Permanent residence file than one can extend their work permit.
  • Openwork permit: An open work permit allows you to work for any employer in Canada, except for an employer:

No matter where you apply, you must:

  • prove to an officer that you will leave Canada when your work permit expires,
  • show that you have enough money to take care of yourself and your family members during your stay in Canada and to return home,
  • obey the law and have no record of criminal not be a danger to Canada’s security,
  • be in good health and have a medical exam, if needed,
  • not plan to work for an employer listed with the status “ineligible” on the list of employers who failed to comply with the conditions,
  • not plan to work for an employer who, on a regular basis, offers striptease, erotic dance, escort services or erotic massages, and
  • give the officer any other documents they ask for to prove you can enter the country.

You can only apply for a work permit from inside Canada if you:

  • are currently in Canada and have a valid study or work permit, or your spouse or parents have a study or work permit,
  • have graduated from a program at a
    1. Canadian university,
    2. community college,
    3. CÉGEP,
    4. publicly funded trade/technical school, or
    5. another eligible school
  • have a temporary resident permit that is valid for six months or more,
  • have applied or been included in an application for permanent residence from inside Canada
  • have asked for refugee status in Canada and are waiting for a decision from the Refugee Protection Division (RPD) of the Immigration and Refugee Board of Canada,
  • have been recognized by the RPD as a convention refugee or protected person,
  • have had your refugee claim turned down by the RPD but you cannot be removed from Canada for reasons beyond your control, or
  • are allowed to work in Canada without a work permit but you need a work permit to work in a different job.

You can ask to be allowed to work in Canada when you enter Canada but only if:

  • you are from a visa-exempt country,
  • you already hold a valid medical certificate, if you need it for your job, or are from a designated country, and either
  • your employer has completed all of the steps for your type of work permit, or
  • you are applying for an open work permit.
Spire Vision Canada Immigration

Get started today by completing our Free Assessment. For immediate information, please reach out to our dedicated team by phone or email and we would be happy to assist you

How can we help you?

Contact Spire Vision Canada Immigration team for all your immigration queries.

Spire Vision Canada Immigration team is always available for all your immigration needs.

Call Now Button